Exhibitions detailing the government’s plans for a huge new lorry park near Hythe to alleviate Operation Stack kick off again next week. Members of the public are invited to the exhibitions in Folkestone, Dover and Ashford. It will allow people to ask questions and speak to members of the project team as part of the consultation which is asking for residents’ views on the two proposed sites off the M20.
Both sites close to junction 11 at Stanford, near Hythe, were announced by Highways England last month. The exhibitions will be open from 2pm to 8pm at the following locations:
- Folkestone’s Civic Centre in Castle Hill Avenue on Monday, January 4 and Tuesday, January 5
- The New Ashford Market on Orbital Park in Ashford on Wednesday, January 6
- Dover Town Hall on Thursday, January 7
- Sellindge Sports and Social Club again on Monday, January 11
- Hawkinge Community Centre January 12