Plans to ‘solve’ Operation Stack have been questioned by Eurotunnel and Port of Dover

By   March 6, 2016

Plans for a huge lorry park to deal with Operation Stack are being questioned by Eurotunnel, which says it will not provide the solution to the problem. And the Port of Dover has also raised concerns about the scheme, suggesting that there may not be any need for it.

The two operators set out their concerns in submissions to Highways England. It is weighing up options after a public consultation on two options for a lorry park on a site off the M20 near Stanford, Folkestone.

Eurotunnel spokesman John Keefe said the company’s submission had raised several issues about the £250m scheme.

“We do not believe that the lorry park solution is the way to to deal with Operation Stack. Last year was an unprecedented year with the migrant activity around the port of Calais. Since that issue has been resolved, we have not had Operation Stack in place once.”

For the full article go to Kent Online.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *